General Terms and Conditions
- Hakort International B.V. (hereinafter: Hakort) is an international debt-collecting agency, with its registered office in Nieuwegein, the Netherlands, listed at the Chamber of Commerce in Utrecht, the Netherlands under file reference number 69067856. These general terms and conditions apply to all instructions to Hakort, as well as to all work carried out by or on behalf of Hakort.
- Instructions are solely accepted and executed by Hakort. The execution of the instruction shall be done exclusively for the benefit of the party instructing, third parties cannot derive any rights from the contents of the work and/or advice provided. The applicability of sections 7:404 and 7:407, paragraph 2 of the Dutch Civil Code is excluded, also if the instruction has been given to one or more specific person(s). Instructions lead to obligations to perform to the best of one’s abilities, not to obligations to produce a certain result, and do not involve a strict deadline, unless it has been agreed upon otherwise explicitly in writing. The party instructing guarantees the correctness and completeness of the instructions and information provided by it.
- Liability of Hakort and the employees that it employs is accepted only insofar as the consequences thereof are covered by its professional liability insurance. Hakort has taken out liability insurance for an insured amount of € 500,000,-. This amount can be increased following a request of the party instructing. Each claim is limited to the amount paid within the framework of this insurance in the relevant case, increased by the excess amount. If and insofar for whatever reason no payment is made by virtue of the aforementioned insurance, and Hakort or one of its employees still has to pay for the damage, all liability is limited to the amount of the fees charged by Hakort for the case in question with a maximum of € 10,000.-.
- Hakort has the right to engage third parties that are based in or outside the Netherlands for the execution of the instruction. The company cannot be held liable for any failure to perform whatsoever on the part of these third parties and shall have the right to accept liability insurance from any third party it engages also on behalf of the party instructing, without prior consultation of the latter party. In the event that the client wishes to have a say in the engagement of third parties, the client should notify Hakort of this in writing prior to the instruction.
- The party instructing shall indemnify Hakort for all compensation due because of any claim from a third party, inclusive of costs of legal support, that are related in any way to the work carried out for the party instructing.
- Hakort charges a debt collection fee for extrajudicial debt collection activities: a percentage of the claim submitted to Hakort, to be agreed with the client. Unless the debt collection instruction is withdrawn by client, the debt collection fee will be calculated on the basis of ‘no cure, no pay’. The fee will therefore only be payable on the actual amount collected by or on behalf of Hakort, plus the amount received by the client and/or end customer from the debtor outside the involvement of Hakort, plus any discounts, compensations, returns etc., which (also) concern the claim submitted. When the debt collection order is withdrawn by client after Hakort’s registration date (date specified in the confirmation collection order sent to client for every individual case), without the consent of Hakort, the customer is charged the full commission amount over the principal amount of the order plus all additional costs incurred by Hakort during the extrajudicial collection procedure. This also means that commission and additional costs are due at all times when the existing debt to the defaulter is canceled and new arrangements are made such as a new order with the customer or a new contract agreed with the customer that cancels the old debt after Hakort’s registration date (date specified in the confirmation collection order sent to client for every individual case). In case goods are returned by the debtor to the customer during the extrajudicial debt collection activities, at all times the full agreed commission will be charged, based on the sales value of all returned goods. Insofar as the extrajudicial collection costs can be recovered from the debtor, these will be credited to Hakort. Any costs for extracts, credit reports and such will be charged separately to the client. For other (legal) work activities, such as conducting court proceedings, will always be arranged in advance where the remuneration is concerned. All amounts are excluding VAT. Hakort only pays commission on payments made by the debtor after the time of registration of the claim. The registration date is stated on the collection order/confirmation order and is always leading. Commission charged by partners on payments made before the registration date (which is stated on the collection order/confirmation order) can never be claimed from Hakort.
- Invoices of Hakort are due and payable 14 days after the invoice date. In the event of failure to pay within this term, the party instructing is in default without a notice of default being required. Any invocation of a suspension or a setting off is not allowed. If an invoice is not paid within the payment term, collection costs and a monthly interest of 1% of the amount of the invoice shall be due. If payment is not made within the payment term, Hakort reserves the right to suspend all activities for the relevant instructing party, subject to prior notice. Hakort can´t be held liable for any damage caused as a result of these activities being suspended. Hakort has unlimited authority to set off its invoices against money due to the client.
- The legal relationship between Hakort and the instructing party and/or other parties using its services is governed by Dutch law. Disputes shall be resolved exclusively by the competent Dutch court in Amsterdam.
- All rights of action and other entitlements of whatever nature the party instructing can rely upon against Hakort shall lapse in any case within one year of the moment the instructing party became aware or could reasonably have been aware of the existence of these rights and entitlements.
- The provisions stated in these general terms and conditions have not solely been stipulated for the benefit of Hakort, but also for the benefit of all other staff it employs and/or any anyone else carrying out activities for Hakort, or who have done so in the past.
- Upon completion of the instruction, the party instructing shall be provided with original documentation, if so requested. Dossiers are filed for a maximum period of seven years, after which they are destroyed and disposed of.
General Terms & Conditions, Hakort International B.V. 2018
External Privacy Statement
This is the privacy statement from Hakort International B.V.. When performing our work activities, we process personal data. We attach great value to privacy and in this statement we therefore explain about the manner in which we deal with personal data within our organisation.
We receive your personal data because you use our services and/or because these are actively provided to us by yourself or a third party. These data are then processed by us in accordance with the applicable regulations and our privacy statement. All this for the purpose of providing you with better service.
The personal data we process include the following:
- First name and family name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Other personal data you actively provide
- Information about your activities on our website
- Bank account number
Besides this, we process special personal data, which include:
- Citizen Service Number (CSN)
We only process your personal data with your consent and/or because this is necessary for the execution of an agreement with you and/or for compliance with a legal obligation and/or for the protection of vital interests and/or for the performance of a task in the general interest and/or to represent our legitimate interests.
We process your special personal data solely in so far as permitted by law.
We process your personal data, among other things:
- for our records;
- to inform you about our goods and services;
- to inform you about our promotions, events, etc.;
- to react to your questions, remarks, complaints, etc.;
- to enable delivery of our goods and services to you.
If we request your personal data, you will not be obliged to provide us with them. However, if you do not provide us with the (full) data requested, this may negatively impact our service to you.
We keep your personal data only for as long as this is necessary for the objectives as referred to above. As soon as the objective is achieved, we aim to remove your data from our records within 3 months.
Your personal data are not only used by us internally, if necessary to achieve the aforementioned objectives we also share them with our suppliers and partners, with whom we have concluded processing agreements. Unless we are legally obliged to do so, we will not share your personal data with third parties for reasons outside the aforementioned objectives. We do not have the right to sell your personal data on to third parties.
Your personal data are stored by us within the EU and may be shared by us with companies/institutions outside the EU.
We do not use automated decision-making and/or profiling. However, we will never base decisions that may have great implications for you on automated decision-making and/or profiling without human assessment.
We ensure that proper technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your personal data, in accordance with the state of the art. These measures include (1) not collecting any more data from you than actually required to achieve our objectives, (2) internally restricting access to your data to those who actually require such access and (3) externally ensuring proper physical and digital security of your data are in place.
For the security of our staff and our goods we use camera supervision on our premises and inside our buildings, where image recordings may be made. We aim to limit the breach of your privacy to a minimum here. More information is available in our camera supervision protocol.
If you wish, you may request to review your personal data (or receive a copy of these), to rectify, supplement and/or wholly/partially delete or transfer to a third party (data portability). You may also ask us to limit or stop the processing of your data. If processing your data is based on your consent, you may revoke this consent. Except for in case of special circumstances, this will be free of charge. You may contact our privacy coordinator for all your requests. The privacy coordinator will handle your request and inform you about the decision.
Questions, remarks and complaints
Contact privacy coordinator
Hakort International B.V.
Attn privacy coordinator
3439 NK Nieuwegein
As soon as we receive a message from you, we will confirm this to you. We subsequently aim to send a reaction no later than within one month. In extraordinary situations, this may extend to 3 months.
Permanent cookies enable us to recognise you on your next visit to our website. This will allow us better coordination with your preferences and settings, so you will not need to repeat these all the time. Through the settings of your browser, you will always be able to remove permanent cookies.
Session cookies enable us to see which pages of our website you reviewed during your visit. This will allow us to adjust our website and our provision of service to the surfing behaviour of our visitors. These cookies are removed automatically as soon as you close the web browser.
Our own tracking cookies
Tracking cookies enable us to monitor which website(s) in our network you visited, in order to build a profile of your online surfing behaviour. This profile is not connected to your personal data and only serves to properly attune advertisements to your profile.
Tracking cookies from our advertisers
These tracking cookies enable our advertisers to monitor which pages on their website you visited, in order to build a profile of your online surfing behaviour. This profile is not connected to your personal data and only serves to properly attune advertisements to your profile.
Cookies Google Analytics
Buttons social media
Information about enabling and disabling cookies or the removal of cookies are available in the help section of your browser. Tracking cookies from third parties can be centrally controlled through www.youronlinechoices.com/be-nl/.
More information about your personal data?
More information about the manner in which we deal with your privacy and personal data and your corresponding rights are available in our privacy statement.
More information about Cookies?
For more information about cookies, go to www.consumentenbond.nl/internet-privacy
Conditions for use
All use of our website (also including all corresponding applications such as our news messages and newsletters) is subject to the conditions here below.
The information on our website is solely intended as general information and may only be used for general inspection. In no way whatsoever does the information serve as advice. All the information has been compiled with due care. However, Hakort International B.V. cannot guarantee that the information on the website is correct, complete and/or up to date. Moreover, Hakort International B.V. does not guarantee that the website will be accessible at all times, operates free from errors and/or is free from viruses. The website of Hakort International B.V. may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Hakort International B.V. has no influence on the content and safety of these websites and is therefore not responsible for this. The use of our website and/or the information provided on it is entirely at the expense and risk of the user. Hakort International B.V. accepts no liability whatsoever for damage arising from the use of the website and/or the information it contains.
Hakort International B.V. respects the privacy of all users of its website and ensures that the personal information the user provides to Hakort International B.V. is handled confidentially and in accordance with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act. Hakort International B.V. will not provide third parties with personal data, except for in case it is obliged to do so under the Law or through a court decision.
You have the right to request from us that we correct any errors in your personal data that we hold or request from us that we remove your data. For questions about your personal data you may place a call to telephone number +31(0)30–6032922.
All intellectual property rights with regard to this website and its contents are entirely vested in Hakort International B.V. or its licensors. Without written consent from Hakort International B.V. the website or any parts thereof may not be amended, processed, made public, multiplied, distributed, made available to third parties, etc.
Camera supervision protocol
This is the camera supervision protocol of Hakort International B.V. established in Nieuwegein, the Netherlands.
 We use visible camera supervision, where image recordings may be made for the security of our staff and our goods. We use these recordings only in case we have a justifiable interest in this regard.
 The basic principle of our camera supervision is that we comply with privacy regulations and that make an effort to limit the privacy breach of our staff and visitors to a minimum.
 In locations where we use camera supervision, this is clearly indicated by means of signs or stickers.
 Except for in case of special circumstances (such as incidents), the recordings are kept for no longer than 4 weeks (in accordance with the guideline) and deleted afterwards.
 In principle, any person who is recorded through our cameras will have the following rights in accordance with privacy regulations:
- the right to review these recordings;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right to limit the processing;
- the right to object to the use of personal data.
Requests to that effect may be submitted to our privacy coordinator.
 Contact our privacy coordinator if you have any questions, remarks and/or complaints about our camera supervision or this protocol.
Information privacy coordinator:
Hakort International B.V.
Attn. privacy coordinator
3439 NK Nieuwegein